708-966-2408 for a free consultation." /> What to Do If You Suffer a Slip and Fall at a Friend’s Home | Orland Park Injury Attorney

What to Do If You Suffer a Slip and Fall at a Friend’s Home

Posted on in Slip and Fall Accidents

orland park slip and fall lawyer Slip and fall accidents occur frequently in Illinois and can lead to severe injuries, such as broken bones, head injuries, and spinal cord injuries. If someone else’s negligence caused the accident, you have the right to pursue a legal claim. If you suffered the injury at a friend’s home, it might make the situation more awkward. However, pursuing a personal injury claim may allow you to obtain financial compensation for your medical bills and other losses.

Steps to Take If You Had a Slip and Fall at a Friend’s Home

Whether it was due to liquid on the floor or torn carpeting, a slip and fall accident can turn a fun visit at a friend’s home into a nightmare. Here are several steps to take to ensure the compensation you deserve.

  • Ask for your friend’s home insurance information. If your friend owns the home, he or she should have homeowner’s insurance. Certain policies may cover damages associated with injuries on the property. Ask your friend for the name of the insurance company, phone number, and policy number.

  • If your friend rents the home, talk to the landlord. If your friend rents the home, the landlord will most likely be held liable for preventable injuries on the property. Inform the landlord promptly to ask about their insurance policy.

  • Gather evidence. The more evidence you have about your slip and fall accident, the stronger your claim will be. For example, if you suffered a slip and fall over spilled juice in the kitchen, take photos of the scene. It is also a good idea to get copies of your medical records and the names and phone numbers of witnesses who saw you fall.

  • Consult an attorney. If your slip and fall accident resulted in a severe injury, it is crucial to have a skilled personal injury lawyer on your side. A severe injury can lead to thousands of dollars in medical costs and lost wages. After all, insurance companies are not quick to offer fair settlements. Your lawyer will know how to negotiate with the insurance company and improve your chances of getting fair compensation.

Contact an Illinois Personal Injury Lawyer

If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, an Orland Park, IL slip and fall attorney may be able to help. At James A. Payonk, Attorney at Law, we sympathize with your situation and want to help you go after fair compensation. Call 708-966-2408 to schedule a free consultation.



James A. Payonk, Jr.

10705 W 159th St.
Orland Park, Illinois 60467

Our NEW Phone Number